Budgeting & Family Support (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Where we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, via the website via our contact form, or by direct contact with us (e.g. email). We do not store form submission contact details in a database; the information sent via our online form simply passes to our email address as a normal email would.
- third parties where you have authorised this
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services, courses or resources to you
- to communicate our services to you, including contacting you by email
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. We will not sell your information to anyone and will not supply your information to anyone unless authorised by you or required by law.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for legal purposes.